- » Massage Styles and Rates
- » Gift Certificates
- » Health Newsletter Archive
- » Package Plans
- » Products
Massage Styles and Rates
What do I want? What do I need? What is the difference?
Swedish Massage is a very calming and soothing style of bodywork. It combines oils or lotion with an array of gentle strokes such as rolling, kneading, and light percussion to help relax the body. Swedish Massage improves blood flow through long strokes designed to work in conjunction with the circulatory system. The benefits of this type of bodywork are wide-ranging and include relief from aches and pains, decreased stress levels in the body, better quality restfulness and sleep, enhanced mental clarity, improved appearance, and greater flexibility. It has also been shown to be effective for decreasing tension, depression and anxiety. One of the greatest benefits of this relaxation work is that it slows the production of cortisol, thereby increasing your resistance to disease.
Deep Tissue Massage is a technique that focuses primarily on the deeper layers of muscles and the fascia. Sometimes this technique involves the therapist using firmer pressure in order to reach these key areas and get them to release, which is why this particular massage is oftentimes recommended for people who are comfortable with a slightly more intense touch. However, deep tissue massage can also refer to gentle yet sustained pressure targeting the myofascial layer. The belief that deep pressure equals pain is a myth; however, the benefits of deep tissue massage are beyond question.
- 1. Deep tissue massage offers stress relief. When a client feels stressed out due to demands at work, home or both, deep tissue massage can help ease this stress in a healthy manner. This is important, as unresolved stress can do major damage to mental and physical health; an estimated 60 to 80 percent of doctor’s office visits are stress-related, as noted in a 2003 study in the Journal of the National Medical Association.
- 2. Deep tissue massage eases pain. Deep tissue massage may be able to lessen pain. For example, research published in an April 2014 issue of Manual Therapy found that deep tissue massage to posterior calf muscles, along with self-stretching exercises, helped reduce participants’ pain associated with plantar fasciitis. Deep tissue massage can be used for other conditions as well, such as fibromyalgia, tennis elbow or low-back pain, potentially providing some much-needed relief.
- 3. Deep tissue massage makes movement easier, Scar tissue forms when an area of the body is injured and heals. Although the most common scars are those that result from a visible cut, sometimes they occur deeper in the body, such as when you damage muscles, ligaments or tendons. It is this type of scarring that deep tissue massage can help resolve, making it easier to move and promoting a greater range of motion.
- 4. Deep tissue massage can lower heart rate and blood pressure. A study published in 2008 in the Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine involved 263 participants who reported muscle spasm or strain. Each individual’s blood pressure and heart rate was assessed prior to a 45 to 60-minute deep tissue massage, as well as after. The result was lower systolic and diastolic pressure, as well as heart rates around 10 beats less per minute.
My rates begin at $90 for a one hour Swedish Relaxation Massage.
Deep Tissue, Sports and Flexibility Massage begin at 90 minute sessions, to allow an opportunity for addressing problem areas as well as to provide ample time for flexibility work and general relaxation. These are priced at $125.
To truly spoil yourself, consider a full 120 minute treatment. $160 includes deep tissue massage, myofascial release and flexibility work, Swedish effleurage, and finally, Vietnamese facial reflexology for the ultimate in relaxation.
Prior to our first meeting, I'll ask you to fill out the short questionnaire on the last page of this site to familiarize me with aspects of your current health and health history as it may pertain to my work. This questionnaire is helpful as I plan our first session, and allows us to discuss concerns you may have about your well-being and your options for treatment. On your first visit, you will also receive a complimentary "getting to know you" session spent going over your questionnaire, doing a postural assessment, gait analysis, and treatment planning. This session will be used to help design a one of a kind treatment program based on your specific needs and goals.
Most massage sessions end with recommendations on additional self-care, based on your lifestyle, to maximize the benefits of your massage. In all cases, the work is based on what it is that you specifically need or want.
At the request of many massage clients, I have now offer the use of CBD infused oils as an upgrade option in my massages. If you don't know anything about the incredible benefits of this 100% natural remedy, click the link below for valuable information.
Of course, I will always offer non-CBD infused oils as well.
This is simply an additional layer of healing for those who desire it.
EARN FREE MASSAGES!
Have you collected your free massage yet?
I offer a LOYALTY REWARD program, which earns a free massage after every 6 paid regular price massages and my REFERRAL REWARD program which earns a free massage when 5 people list you as a reference on their initial visit questionnaire.
Share Bearhawk Massage on your Facebook page, recommend me to your friends
...start earning your free massage!
Give the gift of good health and relaxation.
Gift Certificates for Massage are the Perfect Option!
Both Physical and Email gift certificates are available.
Available for all services.
Choose the value or the massage duration you want to give. See the top of this page for information on the different styles and modalities offered.
To have a physical Gift Certificate mailed to you,
or for any questions I may be able to help with,
Please Click here.
Need a quick solution or last-minute gift?
Try E-Gift Cards! They can be purchased for 60, 90 or 120 minute massages
you can choose your own custom value!
Send them immediately to your desired recipient or plan ahead and choose the date that you would like them to be delivered by email.
Health Newsletter Archive
I periodically send out mailings containing stretches, healthcare information, new innovations in body mechanics, or recommendations for how to live more comfortably.
I offer two discount package plans.
Save 5% with a package of three massages of the same style and duration.
Save 10% with a package of six massages of the same style and duration.
Bearhawk Massage T-Shirts!
Fruit of the Loom® ink printed heavy cotton HD™ T-shirts
in Ash, White or Black. $25